A digital health check-up is crucial to detecting performance issues and optimizing digital programs to deliver a higher ROI.
A comprehensive digital checkup should provide a high-level assessment against the following digital marketing checklist:
- Site quality: Performance, usability, build quality, compliance, and mobile compatibility and searchability.
- Analytics audit: Tagging, documentation, customer segmentation, online/offline connectivity, and channel attribution
- SEO audit: Share of search, spread across funnel, on-page audit, off-page audit, and off-site marketing.
- Social evaluation: Channel breadth and business integration.
- Paid search audit: Account structure, quality score, CPA Pareto analysis, benchmarking.
- Display audit: Display effectiveness, retargeting, social, programmatic buying.
- End-to-end optimization: Testing, hypothesis, impact to business, and test tool evaluation.
- Mobile evaluation: Integration with strategy and all channels, device-specific behavior analysis, engagement, conversion, and usage.
- Automation opportunities: Site-wide changes, rule-based optimization, and automation tool use.
Once the checkup is conducted, a prioritization of high, medium, and low findings can be determined to guide the organization’s focus on the most important initiatives with the highest return.
A proper checkup can deliver critical insights into developed inefficiencies and provide a path to deliver dramatic growth and far better returns on marketing spend.