Real-time SEO is all about predicting search demand and more importantly being ready. The consumer mindset is shifting fast, and SEOs are struggling to adjust to the demand trends. iQuanti’s Aditya Saxena (SVP, APAC) writes in AdGully, presenting tips on how real-time SEO grows.
1. Aligning demand with real-time SEO
Real-time SEO is like market-speculation. Use historical data and predictive analytics to help prepare for a prospective spike. Tweaking your title to reflect the changing nature of your product or feature, or even publishing a guest post on a popular blog announcing it, can help garner traffic.
2. Predicting user-queries
Use tools like Google Trends, Twitter and Reddit to keep track of trends in Search. Do not neglect relevant long-tail queries, even the ones with low search volumes. Keeping track of online chatter about your brand, products and services allows you to build new content ideas.
3. Leveraging the power of real-time SEO
Search Engines like Google are pushing users into the buyer journey much in the same way as retargeting. What Google now refers to as, ‘Search Journeys’, looks at the context and relevancy of an entire session. Tapping onto insights like these can help feed decisions about your entire real-time SEO strategy.
4. Events affecting Search Patterns
Offline campaigns and rise in the impression or even search volumes for branded queries is a correlation that we are all familiar with. For example, almost 76% of credit card searches are branded. This is a direct correlation of the heavy spending of banks in brand campaigns.
Aditya talks about two broad areas for businesses to focus on to make the most of the changing demand.
- Personalization: While most marketers agree that real-time personalization is critical to stay ahead, the struggle to justify ROIs before investment hinders that.
- Understanding Impulse buying intent: While SEO does cater to a variety of intent type keywords spread across the purchase journey, it is quite common to see impulsive searches leading to purchase.
If the SEO strategy is aligned with being of help to user intent, driving revenue growth will fall in line.